Monday, October 18, 2004

home sick

now i'm not trying to ask for sympathy or anything like that, i'm really just looking for something to do while i'm at home sick on a monday afternoon. i tried searching for entertainment on tv, but the black hole of daytime television didn't do much to keep me entertained, or even occupied. i'll have to settle for watching "the fellowship of the ring" and catching up with all of you. :)

i think it's a little ironic that in my first 2 months of teaching, i've taken 2 sick days....and that's about 2 more than i ever took in high school! i was talking to my sister kristen online lastnight (she's in london and yesterday was her 21st birthday, anybody else feel old??) and i told her i was mad because i tried everything i could not to get sick, but a whole bunch of kids have been coming to school sick lately...i hate it when they do that! and kristen smugly responded "oh, like when we always went to school sick in high school?" hmmm, looks like my past has come back to bite me in the butt once again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Rebecca, yes I feel for you. Except that I don't really have to worry about contracting illnesses from my subordinates, as I don't really have any.

But anyway, I realize that there is not much to choose from on daytime tv. try the history channel, that's usually pretty good. Or tbs, they have the Cosby show, I love that show!!!

As far as missing school goes, I don't know what that is like. I think I can even count the number of times I missed class in five years of college on one hand. The only reason I missed those was probably because "the weather was nice", Or I was slightly hung-over. . . I mean, well, you know, (can't talk my way outta that one).

yeah, so enjoy your day off!!

rhk

1:11 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I hope you're feeling better!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home