Saturday, May 14, 2005

misc

a couple of things that i have been thinking about posting, but only just got around to it...

1- i'm a pseudo-librarian! one of my summer jobs will be working at the library here in winterset doing library-type jobs (shelving, checking out books, etc.). i'm thinking about going back to school for library science, so i thought this would be a good place to start. my kids love seeing me in the library ("man, we can never get away from you, even on the weekend!", "since your name tag says 'rebecca,' do we get to call you that now?" etc.), but i only have to deal with them for another 2 and a half weeks until my summer of bliss starts, so that's ok with me!

2- while the track season is over for daniel and kyle as of last night (a disappointing finish at districts, but a nice try all the same), i've really enjoyed watching daniel and kyle run together! it's so cool when i go home and talk to my brothers and hear them talking about little collman and little sandor...it's like re-living my own high school days (without all the chorus practices)!

3- diet pepsi with lime is really good. even better than diet coke with lime.

hope you all enjoy your weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

If I may submit a slight correction, Kyle is not done with track for the season. His 4 X 800 relay team did qualify for the State meet! So now he's definitely surpassing me, as I never qualified for state in track.

I'm jealous, Reb, that you got to see more meets than I have (I only saw two)! I also think it's neat that they get to run together.

On the subject of hearing Kyle talk of siblings, that's always my first question when I hear some story about any of his friends/classmates: "Is X person the little brother/sister of anyone I knew?" It's the only way I can relate to them!

9:39 PM  
Blogger ReBock said...

oh yeah, sorry....i forgot that kyle was on the 4x8 team because i got there right after they ran. so i did know he was going to state, i just forgot. and daniel's technically going as an alternate, so if your brother gets sick my brother will just step in... i'm sure he'd be more than happy to run an 800, which he's never run competitievely before. not sure why he's the backup, but whatever. :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I'm looking forward to being a pseudo-slacker for at least the month of June, if not longer. Hopefully I can come visit sunny, peaceful Winterset, and we can drink boatloads of diet Pepsi w/ lime!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Enjoy the library job, and allow me to pass on a few tips I learned working at the OPL through high school:

*There are waaaaaaaaaay too many good books out there, but don't let that stop you from creating a list of all the title that cross your path that look interesting. You just may get a chance to read some of them...someday.

*Public libraries attract their fair share of exceptionally strange (and sometimes exceptionally smelly) people, and luckily, they are usually harmless.

*Some parents try to use the library as a free baby sitting service, so beware of pack of small children.

*By the end of a few months, you will have the dewy decimal system pretty well memorized, and will find yourself reorganizing the books in your home in accordance to the system.

*There's nothing wrong with sitting down with a great children's picture books on a break. They are the perfect length.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home