Wednesday, February 22, 2006

my new addiction (aka the olympics)

hey guys...

i got depressed checking this blog and seeing the same old super bowl message when it's well past the super bowl. by the way, has anyone seen that commercial about arena football? it starts with a guy who's watching tv and slobbering down his shirt, and then it cuts to this doctor guy who says "each year millions of people suffer from post-superbowl-stress-disorder or PSSD" (read: pissed). then he goes on to talk about how arena football is a good substitute. while i think the commercial is great, i myself am not a fan of the arena football.

luckily, though, i have the olympics to tide me over on my sports tv withdrawal. i'm loving it, but hating going to bed late every night and not getting anything done! i just can't stop watching! i was at home over the weekend and my dad and i watched almost half of the USA/Britain curling match. now that's pure boredom. i've decided that if i ever become an olympic athlete, curling will be my sport. although kristen wants me to commit to a 2-man (woman) bobsled team with her. could be fun.

so anyway, just thought i'd say hi and see if anyone was still out there...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Hey,

I don't get to watch much of the Olympics, but I do do a lot of homework.

Yep, I'm back at Iowa State. You may be thinking, "Jake is still at Iowa State?" And the answer is yes. One more year to go still and I'll finally have my bachelor's. I know, I know, you have to be thinking, "What's taking you so long?" Well, things don't always work out like we'd like them to. Anyway, I can bost that this will be my second degree - though it's not as flashy as saying, "I've got my masters," which I know at least two on this blog (or three) do.

I had a great time in LA though. Things didn't work out with Rachelle like I had hoped but I still had a good time. The weather was nice, the ocean was cold the couple of times I went, I got a lot of good civil engineering experience. And even though things didn't work out with Rachelle, I still had a great time with her.

We went to France for a couple of weeks (to keep the Feast that we keep every fall if you remember from High School). Spent a half a day in Germany (the Black Forest region - beautiful). Spent a day and night in Swizterland, too. We went up the Lauterbrunnen Valley and stayed in Interlaken (for those of you who might want to find it on Google Earth). And we spent three days in Paris. Good Times.

My aunt and uncle and cousins came and took me to Hickory Park tonight for dinner. Mmmmmh, good.

Anyway, that's what's been going on in my neck of the woods.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

You said doodoo

;P

10:21 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I think the winter olympics don't really stack up to the real ones. Or maybe I just don't care about any of the sports in them. But March Madness is about to start and the Razorbacks look like they will be in the big dance! WOOOOO Pig Souie!!!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I thought everyone was looking forward to March because of the NCAA wrestling championships. Or maybe that's just me....

GO CLONES!!!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home