Monday, August 21, 2006

my new job

hey guys

it occurred to me after teaching my first class today that i haven't yet shared with you the good news about my job. so here it is:

i was recently (only about 2 weeks ago!) hired to teach 2 sections of "elementary spanish review" at iowa!! this is a TA position that is salaried and also helps me out with my tuition, so it's a really great job for me. i won't be quite as poor as i thought i would be. ;) anyway, i teach class EVERY DAY at 8:30 and 12:30, so i'm sure that'll continue to be exciting. starting tomorrow, it's all spanish all the time (departmental policy). when i told that to my 8:30 class today, i could see the horror spread around the room. they're freaked out! anyway, though, i think it'll be a good time.

otherwise, things are going fine with my new roommate (nicki). it's different living with someone after living by myself for 2 years, but it's sometimes nice to have someone to talk to. and between teaching 2 classes and taking 5, i probably won't have much time to sit around and get annoyed by a roommate anyway!

hope school's starting out well for those who are starting school, and i hope the rest of you make it to labor day...

hasta luego

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Glad things are working out for you. School is so expensive. If not for that fact, I'd seriously consider becoming a professional student.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home