Friday, November 30, 2007

Hello, world!

Hey guys. I thought I'd send out the update for those of you who don't have Facebook or don't check it or whatever. Anyway, I'm engaged! Jay and I will be getting married the 15th of March 2008. Yep, the Ides of March. It's our 2-year anniversary of when we started dating, and it's also the first Saturday of my spring break. So, that's the news. I bought a dress last night (in Oskaloosa, if you can believe it...) and we're deep in discussions about caterers, photographers, etc., etc., ad nauseam. I'm trying to keep it as small and low-key as possible, but the moms aren't exactly cooperating. Apparently there are tens of thousands of people who are non-negotiables on the invite list. Ah, well, we'll get it pared back eventually (I hope). Anyway, here's a picture of Jay and me the night we got engaged. He proposed on a bridge in Madison County (although not a covered one, because the one he had in mind was already occupied by a couple making out). We found out later, though, that the bridge where he asked me is called "Lovers' Bridge." Awwwww.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Congrats again! Good luck with the wedding plans!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Congrats!! When are you going to be around during the holidays? I wanna see the rock :)

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home