Friday, March 04, 2005

conversation at a stoplight

Okay, this guy in the other lane seems to be pacing me. Just pass me already. Red light ahead, so he'll pull ahead since there's fewer cars in his lane. And now I'm being honked at. I wonder if I have a flat or something?

"Hey, Mahaska County?"

Okay, now he's talking to me.

"Yeah. Oskaloosa."

"Really? Me too. What's your name?"

"DeJong."

"Lanphier."

hmm...sound familiar. A Mike, perhaps?

"Small world."

"You down here for school?"

green light

"No, my husbands work."

"Small world."

THE END




it's a world of laughter, a world of tears.
it's a world of hope and a world of fears.
there's so much that we share, it is time we're aware
it's a small world after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Was this at a stoplight in North Carolina??

Amanda Beaver and I saw Lisa (Bruxvoort) Peck at a concert tonight in Ames. And possibly Justin Van Rheenan... Crazy!! Amanda says "hi" to y'all, by the way. :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Yep, a stoplight not 2 miles from our apartment. And in case you were wondering, his truck has NC plates.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home