Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Happy Birthday to Us!

So I just realized that this blog turned one-year old this month! I missed the actual day: August 4th, 2004 was when this blog was born. Just thought I'd mention it!

I know there have been fluctuations (careful to read that right, I almost typed it wrong!) in usage, varying from wasteland of inactivity to alive and kicking. All in all I think it has been pretty useful. I've really enjoyed getting caught up on everyone's lives and I'm glad that everyone has taken the time to share some stories, thoughts, etc.

Here's what I'm hoping for in the next year of this group:
- I will post more than once in a blue moon!
- I will get at least 2 of the 4 remaining people I invited to join in!
- We will plan a RL (Real Life) get-together and achieve at least 60% attendance!

And I guess my boss rubbed-off on me when he had one of his rare, "I'm going to be very managerial today and we're going to have a meeting and set goals and stuff today..." moments yesterday. That always lasts about a day and a half, then we both forget about it all for the next 4 or 5 weeks!

Ok, I'm done babbling now. Cheers to all of you, distant comrades!

1 Comments:

Blogger ReBock said...

whoa, i already sat in on one "inspirational" goal-setting meeting today...not sure i can handle another one, even if it is online and i don't have to pretend to be paying attention! just kidding, jay, i'd much rather try to attain goals on something like this than writing out an entire plan for documenting the success of my entire teaching career...such as it is. just one more reason to be glad you don't have a career in education.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home