Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Finally...

Okay. So it's been eight years. And I ran into Mike Lester, Justin Ott, Joe Rosendhal (sp?), and Chris something (who was in the class before us) at a Bucs game in Des Moines about a month ago. And I was talking to Chris (I still can't remember his last name), and telling him that I was graduating from college this May and it's been eight years since I graduated high school. So his assumption was that I was getting my doctorate. I had to correct him and tell him I'm just getting my bachelor degree.

And that's the news. I'm graduating...college...finally. I suppose I have already graduated college once before but that was six years ago. So everyone is invited to the party. See the invitation below (the colors for the cover and inside cover were inverted or something for some unknown reason while uploading them - imagine Iowa State colors)

Following graduation, I'll be roadtripping with a friend out to Seattle via Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and Washington and back through Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska before I start my job with the Missouri Department of Transportation as a Highway Designer in Lee's Summit in early June.

Now, this isn't getting married or having a baby or anything of such caliber but it is that last graduation party I plan to hold for a long while. You are all invited and welcome to come. I know how busy things are though and a number of you have lives in other places and such things, so I understand if you can not make it. But I will hope to see you there.




4 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Did you mean Justin Gott?
as for Chris Last-name-unknown, i have no ideas there. Do they all still live in Central Iowa area?
May 6th, wow, that's only like 2 weeks away. In case i can't make it, congrats!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Believe it or not, I'm going to be in Iowa for a whirl wind weekend... I'll most definitely try to pencil you in. How was that for a non-committal maybe?

In any case, congrats!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Justin Ott was a year or two or three younger than us. Very slender fairly tall guy. He is entering ISU grad school actually next fall.

Chris Osbourne...something similar. He was in the Music Man.

Mike has been living with Justin here is Ames for a year or two but I think was thinking about moving with Chris to Des Moines. Joe Rozendaal (found his contact in my email account) works as a supervisor I believe at the meat packing plant in Ottumwa. I can't remember if he lived there or still in Osky.

If you can make it Dana, that would be awesome. Lisa and Ben will be there with their baby, Eli. Maybe I should post pictures.

4:12 PM  
Blogger ReBock said...

sorry i didn't make it to the party because i just now realized that the blog is active again. so...i didn't know about the party, and that's why i wasn't there. congrats, though!

you should definitely post pictures of lisa, ben, and eli. or at least eli, since he's the one i don't know yet.

was it chris emerson? he's the only chris i can think of who was in the music man...and he was my husband. good times. i don't know if mark is still out there in cyberspace, but i seem to remember an incident with a gun refusing to go off (not that it involves chris directly, but it does involve the music man) and the interesting effects that had on my lines. :)

anyway, congrats again, jake - have a great time on your road trip.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home