Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy "Fish of April" Day!

C'est le jour des poissons d'avril! For those of you who didn't take French (which is most, if not all of you since I think I'm the only one who got to experience Madame Vatter moonwalking to "Compte"), it translates to "It's the day of the fish of April!"

**edit** Gingersnap had to jog my memory that she, too, was a French student. And I do believe she stuck it out longer than me.

Yes, April Fool's Day is of French origin. And in modern day France, it is a day to stick paper fishes on your friend's back, sort of the equivalent of a "kick me" sign.

So today, watch out for whoopie cushions (available wholesale for the large scale prankster), fake lotto tickets, and shocking pens. But if you do get fooled, at least you can blame the French.

8 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Wait a minute. . . yep, it's still thursday on my calender!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

oops, I mean calendar.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Aw crap. I published instead of "save as draft"-ed. Please ignore this until tomorrow.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Ouch.
I was most certainly in French. I obviously left quite an impression!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I was gonna say, I remember Teresa talking about Madame Whatever a lot!

Those silly French! Leave it to them. "He he he, look at uz, we don't need any help standing up to our enemiez...APRIL FOOLZ!!!"

11:26 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

My apologies, Teresa. And my lame excuse: when I quickly scanned down the list, I didn't equate "Gingersnap" with Teresa. Sorry.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Serves me right for trying to be creative with my name!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home